10″ Anaconda & 7″ Baby Anaconda
- This Worm Design is the most advanced in the fishing world today. It has already been responsible for helping to win many major Tournament victories across the country and just recently during the 2008 FLW East West Fish off, Greg Hackney set the all time weight record for a 3 day event with 15 Bass totaling over 109 lbs…..On the 10 inch Rage Anaconda.
- This design comes in both 7 inch and 10 inch models and can be rigged with a variety of hook sizes and styles depending on the type of presentation you are looking for. The most popular is Texas rigged using a bullet weight from 1/8 oz to 1 oz depending on the amount of wind and water depth when fishing. A ¼ oz weight is a standard and provides excellent action for both. For casting with a drag and stop, or lift and fall retrieve, an un-pegged weight is very popular. For flipping or pitching in brush or trees, a pegged weight is advised to keep the bait and weight together which helps you to better navigate the structure as well as provide a more vertical presentation.
- Carolina rigged is also very effective using as light of a weight as necessary for the wind and depth conditions. This technique allows the bait to free swim at any and all depths which is very attractive to the fish.
- A favorite style of rigging is using a keel weighted hook. This allows the bait to fall with a different profile and action and is extremely effective for finicky fish in shallow water and over grass or moss beds. Light or low wind conditions are best for this style of presentation.
- Completely weightless using an EWG hook in the sizes mentioned below is another popular way to fish the Rage Anacondas. This technique is very attractive in extremely shallow water or over the grass and moss beds.
Any of the popular hook designs are effective with the Anacondas which includes Standard offset worm hook and EWG hook. Preferred sizes are 3/0 to 5/0 for the 7 inch model and 5/0 to 11/0 on the 10 inch version.