More Recent Topics
- FLIPPIN SPINNERBAITS
- The Cut-R Worm – NEW 2014
- The Awesome and Versatile Jig!
- MARK ROSE TALKS FOOTBALL JIG TRAILERS
- New Color – Green Pumpkin Sapphire
- New Color – Green Pumpkin / Purple & Gold Flake
- New Rage Tail Baits for 2013
- The Rage ReCon Worm
- The Rage Twintail Menace
- Rage Tail Shell Cracker
Strike King Lures 2017 Catalog
Rage Anaconda – Best New Baits 2009 – Bassin’ Magazine
In a recent article in Bassin’ Magazines special issue of Bass Baits. Bassin’ showcases the 50 best new baits of 2009 and it is great news for us. The Rage Tail Anaconda was selected as one of 50 baits, named best new baits for 2009.
Thank you Bassin’ Magazine! We are really happy you selected one of our products to be included in your article.
You can look for this article in the Bassin’ Magazine’s 2009 Special Edition of Bass Baits – page 20 available on news stands.
Rage Tail Anaconda Comments
The Rage Anaconda is a “Next Generation” soft plastic worm available in both 7 and 10 inch models. Read the rest of this page »
The Anaconda is unlike worm ever produced and is sure to become a great lure for anglers tackle boxes. The slithering action and vibration of this bait coupled with the great color selection makes it a great choice to catch big bass.
Read the rest of this page »
10″ Anaconda & 7″ Baby Anaconda
- This Worm Design is the most advanced in the fishing world today. It has already been responsible for helping to win many major Tournament victories across the country and just recently during the 2008 FLW East West Fish off, Greg Hackney set the all time weight record for a 3 day event with 15 Bass totaling over 109 lbs…..On the 10 inch Rage Anaconda.
- This design comes in both 7 inch and 10 inch models and can be rigged with a variety of hook sizes and styles depending on the type of presentation you are looking for. The most popular is Texas rigged using a bullet weight from 1/8 oz to 1 oz depending on the amount of wind and water depth when fishing. A ¼ oz weight is a standard and provides excellent action for both. For casting with a drag and stop, or lift and fall retrieve, an un-pegged weight is very popular. For flipping or pitching in brush or trees, a pegged weight is advised to keep the bait and weight together which helps you to better navigate the structure as well as provide a more vertical presentation.
- Carolina rigged is also very effective using as light of a weight as necessary for the wind and depth conditions. This technique allows the bait to free swim at any and all depths which is very attractive to the fish.
- A favorite style of rigging is using a keel weighted hook. This allows the bait to fall with a different profile and action and is extremely effective for finicky fish in shallow water and over grass or moss beds. Light or low wind conditions are best for this style of presentation.
- Completely weightless using an EWG hook in the sizes mentioned below is another popular way to fish the Rage Anacondas. This technique is very attractive in extremely shallow water or over the grass and moss beds.
Any of the popular hook designs are effective with the Anacondas which includes Standard offset worm hook and EWG hook. Preferred sizes are 3/0 to 5/0 for the 7 inch model and 5/0 to 11/0 on the 10 inch version.